Monday, February 28, 2011

Aotea (Great Barrier Island) New Zealand

AOTEAROA

This is Maori for New Zealand or (Land of the Long White Cloud)

AOTEA

This is Maori for Great Barrier Island  (or Island of the White Cloud) which is off the coast of Auckland

Awana Bay

A most beautiful bay on Great Barrier Island.  We are fortunate to have a 
summer home here. Here is a view from across the bay. Our home is just to the right of the rock peak in this photo about 1/3 of the way down, just left of a group of other homes.  We cannot see another home from here!



Our thoughts are with all of the people who suffered in the recent 
earthquake in Christchurch, South Island and wish them strength as they rebuild their lives.

xox

Nancy

8 comments:

  1. What a heavenly place. Have a wonderful time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like heaven on earth, Nancy. Just breathtaking! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy! Thanks for dropping by my blog! Wish you could have had the chairs, too!! I think I could have sold them about 20 times! :) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely gorgeous place to live! You are so very blessed. You would not find a more beautiful place anywhere in the world, I am sure.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy,
    Beutiful country! I saw your basket. I love it! I would be afraid to try.
    I was thinking about your lamp base and remembered I used "Rub and Buff" in silver, on a lamp base before. It worked perfectly! No painting, no waiting, no taping. I use a cheap small (1/4") stiff artist brush to get in tight places. If you don't know what it is is a wax base, I think, in a tiny tube. You rub a small amount on wait a few minutes and buff it out. That's it. It goes a LONG way. I've used it on tons of things.
    It's at craft stores, Michales, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby...stores like that.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog, so glad I found it. Wonderful projects to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely place
    yes hope everyone is ok and things get better

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails