Monday, January 17, 2011

The Art of Gwynne Reid

It's an absolutely beautiful morning here in California. It's one of those days where it could be spring, it could be fall but it's the dead of winter.  I will enjoy it while it lasts!

  

My husband's family is very artistic.  Today I will introduce you to his 
daughter, Gwynne.  She is a very talented artist and her
artwork adorns our home.

  
We recently framed two of Gwynne's newest pieces that go well in our "French" style living
room.  I love Paris but don't normally care for Eiffel Tower pictures, statues or paintings but this is an exception.  It's just so whimsical I fell in love with it.
















Gwynne brought this painting over while we were having a party.  A bidding war ensued and I won!  I also love the French style whimsy of this painting.


Gwynne was quite young when she painted this.  It's perfect in our dining room.


What a fun "chess board."  We also have an abstract black and white checker board of hers.


This sunflower is my drawing.  I did it about 15 years ago when I sketched non-stop for about 6 months.  I really would like to find time to draw again and perhaps learn to paint, too.

xox
Nancy

12 comments:

  1. They are all lovely paintings, congrats on winning the bid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have an artist in the family - and to have a gift yourself, too. I can understand why you wanted that wonderful painting of the girl with the umbrella - it just makes one smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that artist gene must run rampant in your family, Nancy! You're all so talented! Those paintings and your sketch are soooo beautiful!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gift to have someone so talented in the family! Very vibrant and charming!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artwork!! Lucky you!! And I love the image of the books in your first photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy,
    Gwyeene is very artistic. Love all the bright and playful colors she chooses for her paintings. Very talented...Your flower sketch isn't too shabby either...There's talent their too. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gwynne's work is beautiful. I love her vibrant colors. Isn't is awesome to look back at an artist's "young" works and see that something special? Love your flower, too. You should come paint with us at Tig's White Canvas. We're working on a watercolor right now. :) Just popping in to say hello!

    xoxo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy,

    Your daughters work is colorful and fun !
    Thanks for sharing the inspiration.
    I seem to be drawn more to your style
    I like the realism and this rendering is beautiful
    LoVe the perspective of the leaf pointing toward the viewer !
    Was this done from a still life ?
    It is always a pleasure to pop into your world,

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Servus Nancy,

    Thank you so much for the warm "Welcome Back" greetings and your very kind New Year wishes. I also wish you a very peaceful, healthy an prosperous 2011.

    The artwork of your daughter is absolutely and positively awesome!!! So much creativity and style. I am so enthused, that you support your daughter in her endeavors. It's so important! My family never supported me, in my aspirations to become a fashion designer, working for Giorgio Armani. When my daughter showed the same aspirations, I totally supported her, and she is now a fashion designer, doing what she loves, and at what she is totally good at. (an admiring mother talking lol) Me on the other side, had to take a lot of detours to finally arrive at what I am good at and what I love to do DESIGN!

    Naturally love your blog,

    xoxox

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  12. What pretty art - lucky you for winning the bid! Yes, hopefully you will be able to make time to sketch again. Blessings, Kim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails